Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Surgery


Well, I am over the first hurdle pre surgery. I had CT scans post treatment today and everything looks good! No signs of cancer spreading! My oncologist was very happy for me! Can't tell if the tumor is all gone without a PET scan so I will have to wait till surgery to know that. Talked to my surgeon and got a lot of information concerning my surgery. I will have two surgeries, one is outpatient, the second one is inpatient. I was  informed that I will have chest tubes which took me by surprise. I have experience with those as Jeff had them with his surgery, so I am not real excited about that, but you do what you have to do. I think I may have down played this surgery a little bit so now I need to prepare myself for a pretty serious procedure.

God is faithful and I trust Him in this! I need to keep gaining weight to cushion what I will lose after surgery. I am eating well and moving around quite a bit so just need to keep going in that direction!
 
I can't tell you how much your prayers and well wishes mean to me! You all have loved on me with intensity and I am forever grateful! I love my Jesus and am so thankful for His care and love He has poured out on me! So many suffering with this disease!

Until surgery I am going to enjoy life to the fullest!
 
Much Love,
Gigi

2 comments:

  1. I love you so, my Warrior Princess! Keep on keeping on with God as your guide, and we are right beside you every step of the way. Your struggles make my heart hurt, but somehow, through it all, your faith continues to make my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bridgette...so glad that you updated us...was a little concerned but so glad that things are moving along and that your doc is happy! Will be praying specifically for your surgery concerns...you just go girl and enjoy life to the fullest! So very glad that you love and serve Jesus to the MAX!!! love you dear sister...Sue

    ReplyDelete