Monday, March 16, 2015

Back In The Battle

Day 1 down and behind me!

My blood counts were up more than expected! Thanks to all you prayer warriors! Weekend trip was a help for sure! My weight is good! I got the green light to go back into battle! I am so ready!

I went to the James for my chemo and was it ever a treat! We watched 2 movies and ate lunch! The staff is super friendly and very accommodating! My chemo nurse is going to be the same every time! So we will become good friends! She was very helpful!

So I got my BFF's back and their names are, 5-Fluorouacil and Oxaliplatin. While they may be my best buds, trust me, you don't want to be introduced to them. They are the kind of friends that if you have to know them, they are the best, but you really don't want to have to cross paths with them! Just saying.

Here is a pic of my radiation room:


Is it not the coolest? I did have a couple of back spasms because you lay on a flat table and they line you up perfectly with the beams. God got me through. You don't even know you are being radiated! It's over before you know it!

I saw a couple of books talking about cancer and info on treatment and prevention, you know what, I don't want to read any of that right now. Just want to count down the days and get through it! I may think on those things later.

I have decided that I will keep two of my wrist bands I get every time I go. It has my name, birthdate and medical number. I will keep the first, and the last.

Today I saw Marla my nurse that does my blood draw and accesses my port! I love her! She loves Jesus! She is a special part of this journey for me!

And so it begins! Thanks for the continuing support!

Love,
Gigi

1 comment:

  1. so glad your counts are good! PTL! One treatment down...good for you friend...praying all the way!

    ReplyDelete