Friday, January 16, 2015

Action


So I am on my way to get my port and no doubt it will be a long day. It is becoming a reality. I will be starting my chemo treatments next week. I have been at a stand still for the last two weeks. Now that we have the plan, they have started moving fast.

I will be having chemo for 6 weeks, with a week off. Then I will start radiation and chemo for another 6 weeks. I will have 6 to 10 weeks of recovery and healing, then on to surgery. This type of cancer is best treated with chemo, radiation, and surgery. It makes the percentage of reoccurrence much lower.

After the first 6 weeks of chemo, they will do a pet scan to see how the tumor has responded. If it shrinks by 35% I will continue on with that drug, if not they will switch me over to the other drug that they use.
 
So we begin the journey. I have peace in My God! I have peace in my medical team! I have peace in my support! I will come out of this a changed person, but I pray it will be more like Jesus!

Please pray for:

Me to keep up my eating - high calories, high protein

Energy level

My prayer is the tumor will shrink 50% God can do more if He would like to!

I will tolerate the chemo well

I am not the only one at this time going through this kind of journey

My friend and sister in Christ Tara will start her chemo next week as well! Please pray for her to be strong and tolerate her treatment well. Peace for her and her family.

Jon and Amy Neimi. They have been given very encouraging news concerning his cancer. Pray that God will continue to do what He does the best. HEAL !!!

Above all our God will get the glory and praise for all things! These journeys will bring people to our Jesus!

Love you all.

4 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers and thoughts daily. Thank you so much for your posts. They shoe Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the plan that God has put together for you. I'll be praying for your needs and the specific requests that you mention on your blog. Thanks for updating the blog so we know how to pray. I'm also praying for others going through treatments. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete