Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Strong & Courageous



Today I will trust in the one true sovereign God for this battle! He equipped David to slay a giant! He parted the Red Sea! He hung the moon, the sun, and the stars! He is the one who calms the storms! He breathed life into man! He will never leave me nor forsake me! He provided the way back into His presence! He has called me to trust Him! Today I will place my trust in the only one who can deliver me! He is the Alpha, Omega, The Beginning and The End! In Jesus Christ I will put my trust!

************************************************************

I am asked quite frequently how I am feeling. Here is my encouragement to those who ask but really don't want to hear truth. First off sometimes I can't even answer that question because I either feel a million different things, or I don't feel anything because I am in self preservation mode. Sometimes I am trying to read people's expressions and wanting to answer according to what I see. But mostly, I will be answering with the real facts. You may or may not want to hear what I say, so if you are in category B please don't ask me how I feel. I don't mean to sound harsh, or rude, but if you ask me I am going to be real. I have cancer. No you cannot catch it from me. There may be some real rough places I will be going. If you have the courage to go with me, it will only bind us together. If you can't take the journey, know I love you and just would ask for your prayers!

Much Love,
Gigi

3 comments:

  1. loving your honesty and your trust in Jesus my sweet friend! You always have been REAL and that is one of the things I love about..praying for you every time I think about you...and that is often...would you be up for me to come and pray with you some day? I know you will answer me honestly..or for a phone call even. Love you dear sister! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being asked how you're feeling and trying to define it is very overwhelming... know that I'm praying for you in your journey and am a good listener if you ever need one. I've found that talking a lot with my friends who are on similar journeys to my own is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi - You are in my thoughts and prayers every day! I just want you to know that I love you! I thought of you when I read this in Jesus Calling - "I am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life." I pray for His "glorious intervention" for both you and Jeff ever day! It's a rough road to travel - we've walked the same path twice - but God is good. PLEASE call me anytime! You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete