Thursday, January 22, 2015

She Will Not Be Moved





The sun will soon be coming up on the horizon, and I have survived my first chemo treatment! Praise God! Such a long day for my daughter, my mom, and myself! We arrived at 11:30, left at 7 pm. My mom who is going to be 85 years young, is going through her second round of cancer with daughter number 2. How do you do that?
She learned at a young age how to survive! I believe God has had his hand on her all her life, as I believe He also holds me.
My daughter Jen, who also is a tough girl, brought her soft and gentle side along. She can hang in the hard times and I would be lost without her. I couldn't do this without any of my family! Right now they are my glue!
So the day consisted of back and forth trips up and down the floors, starting with blood draws. I have a port so anytime you access that , it has to be done with extreme care. My nurse was a Christian and she was wonderful! She got my day started off right!

I am thankful The Lord has gifted me with patience because I am learning you have to have a lot! I am not the only one going through this! It was a holiday week so they have crowded everyone into 4 days!
Then it was on to see my oncologist, who I really like and draw such encouragement from. I received very encouraging news again. The chemo I am on is not supposed to cause hair loss!!!
So if that holds out to be true, I will be one happy camper! Although it has other side effects which I started experiencing right away.

Then it was on to chemo. Quite a few people waiting their turn. I went back about 3:30. Nurses are super nice and very professional. They double check their work. My area where I will be receiving chemo, is a cozy private area with a tv and large window to look out. They offer me a meal which I accept. We settle in for the ride. The bags of liquid are hung and as that is being done my nurse is explaining to me procedures and side effects. This is so surreal! I am about to have a toxic substance filtered through my body! Each one is explained along with side effects. So it begins. Two hour procedure, then the last chemo bag is given, and then I am hooked up with a pump to take home with me. I am sent on my way.
I started experiencing side effects pretty much right away as one of the drugs they give you actually opens up your cells so that the chemo goes to work immediately! They don't mess around!
And so I begin!
I can't tell you how much your prayers and concern, meals, cards mean to me! The outpouring of love is mind blowing! I know that their are some of you who are doing some serious praying and staying at our Father's throne room constantly for me! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
You represent the body of Christ well! This will forever change my life!
Here are some things to pray for!
My weight is stable - stays that way
I won't become sick
I can tolerate these drugs
Strength for my family
I can continue to eat and drink well
I will represent my Jesus well!
Sorry this is so long, I promise not to be so lengthy next time!
Love you all so much!


Gigi

2 comments:

  1. Oh my friend, your attitude is amazing. You always find a way to encourage others even when facing a valley in your own walk. Praying for you as God puts you in my mind. So happy for you that your treatment is the hair hanging on type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blessing and an encouragement dear Bridgette...I am so glad that you will not have to lose your hair...your attitude is amazing...can tell that you are leaning on HIM! You are truly touching lives for Jesus...love you...Sue

    ReplyDelete