Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hills & Valleys


I know that some of you may be anxious to hear how my visit went yesterday, so I will try to communicate what is swirling around in my head.

While we all went up to Ohio State anticipating a game plan to be in place, several plan options were suggested to me. Clinical terms were used as well which brought the cold harsh reality of exactly what I am dealing with to me. I don't like clinical. I won't go into all the details of what I have been offered but the fact that I have options is to me a good thing. That means I can make the choice I feel will give me the best options to beat this! I also am not going to share my staging because I have already learned through several conversations that people who are not educated in this will react as though I will not win this battle. I absolutely do not need that reaction. I need prayers, encouragement, humor, love, hope, support. I don't want to hear any stories of how someone who has this type of cancer isn't beating it or didn't beat it. That does not help me. I know my biggest battle will be in my mind.

As of December 18,2014, my life changed in a major way. I have begun to make decisions that will affect the rest of my life. This is a interruption in my life that I did not see coming nor asked for. Nevertheless here it is. I have to deal with it and that I will. But not without Jesus being in the drivers seat, or will I be alone in this journey. I am blessed beyond measure to have the most supportive and loving family, friends, and the body of Christ, all who I know will help get me through this. I also have the utmost confidence in my medical team! For crying out loud, I have a tumor board who meet once a week and discuss my case! Lol. This will no doubt be one of the most life changing years for me. So once again I will hold onto My Father's hand and He will walk me through the valley! I will trust in Christ with all that is within me and I will praise Him for the trial! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

How you can pray:
 
That I will be able to continue to eat

That I will tolerate treatment

That treatment works

That those most involved in my care and support to remain strong

And

That this will point people to the one and only God - Jesus
That is the desire of my heart!

Love you all,
Gigi

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing Bridgette...we both know the great God we serve now don't we?! those 4 prayer requests are well within His range!!! love you dear sister and I am on it...praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying specificially. Yes, Jesus is in the driver's seat. I believe your positive attitude will aid in your healing and recovery. I believe you will also get the best of care at Ohio State. Take care sweet friend! (Lynn Curtis)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one am positive you will beat this.

    ReplyDelete