Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fear Not



I received my port yesterday and did pretty well. They didn't put me completely out so I was awake through the whole procedure. I couldn't see anything and the only pain I had was when they numbed the area. I know have a little device in my shoulder that everything will go through. No more I.V. and no more sticks for blood draws. I will only likely keep it a year maybe longer. My shoulder feels like somebody punched me really hard or for you hunters, a kickback from a shotgun. I am restricted for a couple weeks but other than that not too bad.

I was in the new building and got a first hand view of what they have to offer. It is something else. I am sure to experience a whole lot more. Everyone there is super nice and very helpful. They know their profession and perform with the upmost experience! I am in good hands! I am ready to get on with it.

I have been receiving so much encouragement from so many of you and I can tell you it is breathing life into me! I am blessed and thankful for it! I want to try to live as normal as I can, although is there such a thing? I know I am not the only one who has or will go through this, but I want to share my journey in the hopes that it will be an encouragement to someone. Either for the journey or spiritually. I have a God who can handle it all and wants to! He walks with me right through this, and if I become to weak and weary, He will pick me up and carry me! This I can rest in. I am memorizing a new verse:
Fear not, for I am with you ; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Love reading your posts and am glad you are doing these. It will keep us updated on specific prayer requests (please know I've been praying for you!) and also give you something to look back on for encouragement as you are on this journey. I know you are leaning on God! It is amazing what God has given doctors the ability to do! I have a friend that is going through a somewhat similar situation. She just got great news on Tuesday that the 12 tumors on her brain were completely gone! She has more to battle but God is hearing prayers and will hear those lifted for you as well! Love ya! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying always, Bridgette...thanks so much for sharing and updating...can pray much better that way...Can tell that God is your strength dear friend. And don't worry about being a good testimony for Him and encouragement...you are touching lives all over the place and bringing honor and glory to Jesus and inspiring all of us...Love you...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and God have got this girl!! No doubt:)

    ReplyDelete